Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

My Package Has Arrived!!!

Today I felt like a little kid on Christmas...or Hanukah I guess since I grew up in a Jewish home.  I came home from some errand-running with the baby to find a package on my doorstep. 

Not that it was a surprise since I've been checking the shipping status multiple times a day every once in awhile since I placed the order a week ago.
And here it is!  My very own kopykake!!!! YAY!!!!  I've been wanting one of these ever since I heard that it was the secret behind some of the most gorgeous and creative cookies out there.  And then I saw the tutorial on Sweetopia and all the amazing cookies she's made with it and I wanted it even more.  It took a long time to convince my husband though.  And I think this counts as my Mother's Day, anniversary, and birthday present combined.  (For those of you reading this who aren't cookiers, a kopykake is a projector that allows you to project any image onto a cookie to use as a guide for piping.  It really enables you to do so much more.) 

Whenever I receive an order for something I've never made before (like the camera cookies a few weeks back), I tend to stress out about it until I figure out the perfect way to do it (and even then I usually stress about it until it's completed).  But now with my kopykake, I feel like if I'm not sure I can do a certain design, I must be able to find a way to do it using the kopykake.  It's always nice when life is a little less stressful.

Anyway, I had to wait an entire hour until baby went down for his nap, and then I tore into the package to find...assembly required. 

But it wasn't too bad, and with the exception of getting the lens on (which my husband had to help with), I put it together myself.  And here she is in all her glory.
Let me just say to anyone out there who's thinking about getting one, it's really huge...way bigger than I expected.  I would try to get a picture of my two year old next to it to show you how huge it is, but my two year old is abnormally wee, and I really don't trust him that close to my precious my new kopykake.  Seriously, he's a wrecking ball. 

I only played with it for a few minutes, but without trying to adjust it much at all, it projected a good strong image, even though the room was pretty lit up.  I'm very excited to get to play with my new toy in a few days.  My little monkey turns two on Friday, so I'm going to use this to make some Paul Frank monkey cookies.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeay!! I can't wait to see how you like it!