Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Flower Cookies (Sanity Sunday)

I had a great plan for these cookies.  I found a really cute flowery design in some planner pages the other day and thought I'd give it a try on some cookies with my kopykake.  I also tried SugarBelle's chocolate chip rollout cookie recipe for the first time (hence the speckled look), and they spread like crazy.  Then when I tried to use the kopykake, I couldn't get it to focus in the right size, and I was way too lazy to do what I would normally do - take a picture of the image (which is easier than trying to get the scanner to work), resize it and print it out.  So I tried to freehand it.  Yeah...combine that with the fact that due to said laziness, I chose to use one consistency of icing, and it wasn't working so much.  (I know that a lot of people only ever use one consistency of icing, but I have finally decided that it is not for me!  Although it's quicker because I don't have to make two consistencies and bottle/bag each, I make way more mistakes and it's hard for me to get accurate, crisp lines.)  So I just went into play mode with these cookies and did a bunch of flowers. 

These tasted really great, but I wouldn't make theme again because they spread a lot and were much greasier than my usual sugar cookies.  And they were pretty difficult to cut because of the chocolate chips. 

I really loved the colors I made though.  I've been working on my ability to color match (which I had a hard time with at first) and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.  I bought a little color wheel at the craft store that shows what happens when you add different colors, and that has helped me a lot in figuring out how to get certain colors.  Anyway, these were a great match for the colors I was going for.

1 comments:

Kenni said...

I think you did a wonderful job, your colors are so pretty. I too tried the whole one consistency thing once and didn't work well for me either. I think that works best for smaller cookies that don't need a lot of details.