I had a great plan for these cookies. I found a really cute flowery design in some planner pages the other day and thought I'd give it a try on some cookies with my kopykake. I also tried SugarBelle's chocolate chip rollout cookie recipe for the first time (hence the speckled look), and they spread like crazy. Then when I tried to use the kopykake, I couldn't get it to focus in the right size, and I was way too lazy to do what I would normally do - take a picture of the image (which is easier than trying to get the scanner to work), resize it and print it out. So I tried to freehand it. Yeah...combine that with the fact that due to said laziness, I chose to use one consistency of icing, and it wasn't working so much. (I know that a lot of people only ever use one consistency of icing, but I have finally decided that it is not for me! Although it's quicker because I don't have to make two consistencies and bottle/bag each, I make way more mistakes and it's hard for me to get accurate, crisp lines.) So I just went into play mode with these cookies and did a bunch of flowers.
I really loved the colors I made though. I've been working on my ability to color match (which I had a hard time with at first) and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. I bought a little color wheel at the craft store that shows what happens when you add different colors, and that has helped me a lot in figuring out how to get certain colors. Anyway, these were a great match for the colors I was going for.