Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Bandaid Cookies

My husband informed me after my last post that I was being too lazy with my blog.  I'm sorry, but there are times when I'm really tired at the end of the day and a cookie order just isn't that interesting.  They were a dozen duckies.  I just didn't know what else to say about them.   But I apologize to all 42 of you who were kind enough to follow my blog.  I'll try not to be so lazy in the future.

So I'll tell you a story that only other cookiers might find amusing.  I had a bunch of my cookie supplies soaking near the sink the other day and my husband was wiping down the kitchen counter after dinner and got stabbed by a rogue boo-boo stick (Karen's cookie scrapers).  I started laughing because it's called a boo-boo stick (as in cookie boo-boos, not boo-boo inflicter) and I found it ironic.  He wasn't as  amused...

Anyway, maybe these cookies will help. 


You can tell they're bandaids, right?  I hope so, but just in case, I thought I'd make sure.  I brought a few extras to my son's school for his teacher and aides and one of the girls asked what they were...which made me kind of sad.  Hopefully the people who received them could tell.

I made these cookies earlier this week for a nice lady at my husband's work who is kind enough to support my cookie habit.  It has something to do the project that I made those mayo jars for last year, hence the "OMAO".

Oh, and I have to thank Sugarbelle for her tutorial on mixing flesh tones, which worked out perfectly for these cookies.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Much better!

Sonja said...

I had one of those band-aid cookies, and I recognized what it was immediately. :)
(Someone was nice enough to bring his cookie home to share.)

Jaclyns Cookies said...

I've definitely stabbed myself with a boo boo stick too, so as a fellow cookier, I LOL'd at your story :)

And cute bandaids, I can definitely tell what they are!