Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

My First Easter Dinner!

This is completely un-cookie related, but I thought I'd share that yesterday I cooked my first Easter dinner!  Normally we go to my in-laws with the whole extended family for a potluck-style dinner, but this year my husband and I decided to just do Easter dinner with our own little family. 

For appetizers, I tried a new recipe for deviled eggs from Cook's Country magazine,

and The Pioneer Woman's Avocado Crab Dip.  Avocados, cream cheese, crab, how could it go wrong?
And then there was dinner.  I made spiral glazed ham with maple-orange glaze (from America's Test Kitchen), cheesy potatoes, green beans with creamy mushrooms and shallots (from Martha Stewart Living), and soft and chewy rolls (from Cook's Country). 

I know the potatoes look like weird scrambled eggs in the picture, but they were delicious.  I don't usually cook with processed foods, but this casserole has cream of mushroom soup and velveeta "cheese", and it's so good!  This was my first every try at ham, and it turned out perfectly.  Of course, with just my husband, toddler, and I, we now have ham coming out of our ears!

For dessert I made butterbeer cake from Sugarcrafter, which was also very yummy.  Sorry, I didn't get a picture of that one. 

It was obviously much more work than the usual potluck dinner, but it was so much fun getting to create a menu full of our favorite foods!

And here are a couple of pictures from an Easter egg hunt at our church on Saturday.


I hope everyone had a happy Easter!

0 comments: