Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Little House on the Prairie Cookies

Last week I made cookies for a Little House on the Prairie party. 


I made the gingham using my airbrush and a stencil I made.  I got the idea from Glorious Treats.

This is seriously one of my first pictures where the purple actually looks like purple.  I mentioned last week that I got a light tent.  This was my second time using it and I love it!  I have a hard time getting good natural light in our apartment, so I'm really glad I finally gave in and bought it.  Hopefully my photos will be much better from now on.

Oh, and one last thing.  Last month I entered my black and white pattern cookies in LilaLoa's contest and she listed my cookies as one of her favorites!  You can see that post here

4 comments:

Cookie Friend (Diane) said...

This collection is so cheerful! The white painting around the centers of your flowers really add depth to your designs. I recently bought some food stamps that I found on clearance at Michael's and had planned to use the gingham background on Easter eggs and stamp flowers on top. However, I think your RI flowers look better than stamped designs will look.

I have never been able to take a photo of a purple cookie without it looking like electric blue. Nice to know that the light tent is working for you

Debbie said...

Thanks, Diane! The flower centers were actually just wet on wet toothpick designs, not painted.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't get purple to come out right. I'm really liking my light tent. The colors are so much more true to life now.

Kara @ Petals to Picots Crochet said...

So pretty!

Jenn @ Icing on the Cake said...

These are adorable! I love the gingham! They all look so perfect!